PRESS RELEASE 24 Aug 2018
Pöyry Management Consulting releases programme for #PowerOfDigital, Berlin, 2 October 2018
Taking place on 2 October 2018 at Meliá Berlin, #PowerOfDigital conference will give participants the opportunity to take part in an ambitious debate on the future of our energy systems.
Digitalisation brings together new types of data, analytics and automation that revolutionise businesses.
In energy, the changes are more far-reaching than in other sectors. Digitalisation allows companies to renew their relationship with customers, moving away from being pure commodity selling entities to becoming providers of bundled services.
The potential goes beyond the existing industry: the digitalisation of the power system is necessary to manage the growing shares of renewables, electrify heating and transport, and more generally decarbonise the economy.
At #PowerOfDigital, participants will cross-examine the exciting advances allowing for more efficient business operations through interactive Q&A sessions with panellists from the energy industry and beyond. Attendees will consider the audacious new business models aimed at mitigating climate change, as high calibre speakers present their visions of the future.
And as the key players debate with one another, they will show us what the future's most successful energy company will look like.
This #PoyryDigital event is hosted by Pöyry, Eurelectric and BDEW and will include contributions from:
- Stefan Kapferer, Chairman of the General Executive Management Board, BDEW
- Kristian Ruby, Secretary General, Eurelectric
- Laszlo Varro, Chief Economist, IEA
- Tomás Blázquez, Head Digital Hub, Enel X
- Thomas Bibette, Benelux Director, DCbrain
- Thomas Birr, Chief Futurist and SVP for Innovation & Business Transformation, Innogy SE
- Marten Bunnemann, CEO, Avacon
- Francisco Carranza, Managing Director, Energy Services, Nissan Europe
- Simon Koopmann, Founder and CEO, envelio
- Philipp Richard, Team Leader, Energy Systems and Digitalisation, dena (German Energy Agency GmbH)
- Sebnem Rusitschka, Founding Researcher, Freeelio, and Founding Member, German Blockchain Association
- Laurent Schmitt, Secretary General, ENTSO-E
- Pamela Taylor, Non-Executive Director in the UK Energy Sector, and Executive Coach, Taylor Macpherson
- Ana Trbovic, Council Member, Energy Web Foundation, and Co-Founder, Grid Singularity
- Zoisa Walton, Director, Octopus Energy Business Solutions
- Stephen Woodhouse, Chief Digital Officer, Pöyry
Did you know? The Pöyry Innovation Link online tool tracks over 500 energy startups in 23 countries.
Pöyry is an international consulting and engineering company. We serve clients across power generation, transmission & distribution, forest industry, biorefining & chemicals, mining & metals, infrastructure and water & environment. Together, we deliver smart solutions and work with the latest digital innovations. Pöyry's net sales in 2017 were EUR 522 million. The company's shares are quoted on Nasdaq Helsinki. Approximately 5500 experts. 40 countries. 115 offices.
In 2018 Pöyry is proud to be celebrating its 60th Anniversary, together with employees, clients and partners.