The MCA (Millennium Challenge Account) Burkina Faso Agricultural Development project has the aim to raise the quantity and quality of regional agricultural production.
The main objectives are to increase local population employment as well as financial resources and to raise the competiveness of the rural economy of the Sourou Valley and the Basin of Comoé in Burkina Faso.
In this framework, MCA Burkina Faso has engaged Pöyry to carry out work for infrastructure improvement of nine agricultural markets.
Pöyry contributes to this project with the following services:
- Socio-economic studies of the markets
- (Needs-based Assessment)
- Market definition and market confirmation reports
- Technical and financial feasibility studies
- Preparation of resettlement plans
- Preparation of Environmental Impact Assessment
- Tender documents and final design
- Construction supervision