Ethics & Compliance
Ethics & Compliance has an important role in building and maintaining an environment and culture of ethical conduct at Pöyry.
Ethics & Compliance function
Pöyry has a dedicated Ethics & Compliance function led by the Chief Compliance Officer and reporting to the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors. The function provides objective oversight and its main activities are defining compliance policies, reporting on compliance related issues of significance to senior management, managing the internal reporting service for raising concerns, and undertaking monitoring reviews.
The main purpose of Pöyry’s groupwide Compliance Program is to ensure:
- Compliance with laws, rules, regulations and key Guiding Directives
- A culture of trust, honesty, integrity and respect throughout the Group
- The development, implementation and evaluation of the Code of Conduct and other key Guiding Directives
- The management and monitoring of compliance risks
- Adequate compliance training, instructions and communications
- Effective investigation and resolution of concerns raised resulting from potential breaches of the Code of Conduct
The program is based on appropriate policies and instructions, which are communicated and available to all employees. Training on the company’s Guiding Directives and Code of Conduct is at the core of the program.
The company’s Internal Audit function plays an important role in the identification of compliance risks in their regular audits. To support the identification and monitoring of compliance risks, an anonymous whistleblowing hotline is in use throughout Pöyry group.
Pöyry takes non-compliance issues seriously. The enforcement, remediation and discipline measures range from training and mentoring to dismissal, depending on the case.
ICC AND FIDIC
Pöyry is committed to anti-corruption standards through membership in the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) and in the International Federation of Consulting Engineers (FIDIC).