Analyst/Consultant - Dutch Energy Market - Oxford
ÅF Pöyry is an international leader within engineering, design and advisory services. We create solutions to support our customers worldwide to act on sustainability as well as the global trends of urbanisation and digitalisation. We are more than 16,000 devoted experts within the fields of infrastructure, industry and energy operating across the world to create sustainable solutions for the next generation.
Energy Market Analysts/Consultants (specialising in the Dutch Market) – Oxford
We are looking for people with an interest in the Dutch energy market to join our team of energy market analysts.
We are currently recruiting for our Oxford team but we do also have regular opportunities arise in our other locations: London, Paris, Milan, New York, Dubai, Beijing, Bangkok, Oxford, Oslo, Madrid, Milan, Dusseldorf, Helsinki, Vienna, Stockholm, Zurich.
The combination of decarbonisation, new technologies and digitalisation require us to continually challenge our existing ideas to remain at the forefront of thinking on the future of the energy industry. If you are as interested as we are in this dynamic industry we would love to hear from you.
You will have the opportunity to gain knowledge and experience to become an industry specialist within a stimulating and supportive environment. Our teams specialise in electricity, gas, renewables and carbon. We offer commercial advice, policy and regulatory assessments, market modelling and transactions support and pride ourselves on our in-depth analysis and strong client relationships.
While much of the work is office based there are many opportunities to travel e.g. for client meetings or training. You will join over 250 experts with presence across Europe, the Middle East, Asia and the Americas who regularly collaborate across offices to deliver projects. From time to time we also offer secondments to other offices to individuals that are looking for international experience.
As a primary responsibility, you will support Pöyry’s market analysis and business development activities in the Dutch market for a wide range of clients including major financial investors, utilities and regulatory bodies.
Requirements of the role
Below we explain the main skills that we look for in our energy market analysts/consultants:
• We undertake a lot of complex analysis, a good proportion of which is numerical. So we are looking for someone with an aptitude for quantitative and qualitative analysis. This includes the ability to pay attention to detail and use MS Excel proficiently.
• Virtually all the work we do requires team working so if you have good communication skills and the ability to work well with others within a project team and wider office environment you will fit in well.
• In addition, report-writing is a core part of our work and so we are also looking for the ability to explain complex information in a clear and logical way in English using both Word and Powerpoint.
• You will be working in a commercial environment against budgets and deadlines so you will need to be able to think for yourself, be pro-active and have a business-oriented mind-set.
• If you have an understanding of European energy market dynamics and energy policy, in particular in the Dutch industry, this is a definite benefit.
• The ability to speak Dutch is also an advantage.
We value a healthy work life balance and our diverse team. We can also consider a range of flexible working arrangements, including part-time working. Please include your preferences in your application.
Pöyry Management Consulting in the UK offers a competitive salary, a performance related bonus scheme and an excellent range of benefits, including 25 days holiday each year rising to 30 with continued service.
As part of your online application process, please provide a CV and covering letter stating why you want to work for Pöyry, your salary expectations and evidence of the right to work in the UK. We only accept online applications.
If we think you could be a good fit for the organisation you will be invited for a telephone interview following which, if we are both happy to continue the process, you will then be invited to a face to face interview. To allow us to assess your skills in practice this will be accompanied by Excel, Word and analytical reasoning exercises. In addition you will have the chance to have an informal chat with some of our team members to find out more about what it is like to work at Pöyry.
You must have a right to live and work in the UK or the country for which you are applying.
Closing date 31 Dec 2019