China’s energy-hungry rapid economic growth over the past 40 years has given rise to the world’s largest energy market and many of the world’s largest energy companies.
While the sector has successfully fuelled China’s rise to global prominence, it is now faced with the pressing need to undergo a fundamental transformation which aims to deliver greater sustainability and affordability.
Markets, investment practices, business models and technologies are all being adapted under the weight of regulatory and policy changes in all sectors of the industry. This domestic transformation is also a driving force behind a growing overseas presence, with Chinese energy firms investing heavily in energy assets around the world.
Headquartered in Beijing, Pöyry’s MBG Energy China team work closely with international utilities and investors to adapt to this rapidly changing environment; provide advice and strategies for Chinese energy firms building their presence overseas; and draw on Pöyry’s extensive global expertise in designing energy markets and regulations to advise on China’s own energy transition.
- A connected local professional team with extensive market experience, coming from background in government and industry, and supported by Pöyry’s global network of energy market experts.
- Market entry strategies in a range of sectors for some of the world’s largest energy firms seeking to expand their presence into new markets in China’s complex energy sector.
- Pöyry has successfully delivered market advice to Chinese investors establishing a presence internationally in a wide range sectors including renewables, transmission and distribution, energy services, energy storage and traditional energies.
- We deliver energy market design and regulatory advice to national and provincial governments and industries.
Pöyry (Beijing) Engineering and Consulting,
Beijing Kerry Centre, South Tower,
10th floor, Guanghua Lu 1,
People’s Republic of China (100020)
Did you know?
- Pöyry delivered its first consulting projects in China in the 1970s, has had a permanent presence in China since 2005, and now has 3 offices across the country with a multinational team of almost 100 professionals on the ground bringing together deep local sector knowledge.
- Pöyry has advised most of China’s largest energy sector central state owned enterprises on issues ranging from strategy to overseas investment, including One Belt One Road projects.
- Pöyry has helped major global energy firms enter the Chinese market, by providing cutting edge strategic advice to understand the fast-evolving and unfamiliar Chinese energy sector. Pöyry’s views are trusted, with experts in China who have experience advising the Chinese government on energy policies and market reforms.