The US electricity sector is facing some familiar challenges from the energy transition – decarbonisation, decentralisation and digitalization are the watchwords of the US energy conference scene.
The global nature of markets means that technology development and global market dynamics that affect one region of the world quickly spread and the energy transition is as inevitable here as elsewhere in the world. However, while the issues are global, local politics and preferences are important, so the solutions applied to these challenges vary significantly across the various US markets and states.
Headquartered in New York, Pöyry’s MBG Energy team for North America helps international utilities and investors understand the key local market dynamics and global drivers that impact their North American business decisions. Access to the expertise of the global Pöyry team enables our clients to gain a unique perspective into the energy transition here in North America.
- Market leading in-house BID3 software utilized across the region to provide analysis of long-term power market trends, capacity market price analysis. Uniquely detailed weather driven approach merges features of high-RES penetration resource adequacy studies, with commercially focused analysis.
- Since 2016 we have provided asset specific valuation services for more than 15,000MW of capacity across US, Canada and Mexico including wind, solar, demand-response, gas, coal-fired generation.
- Working as lenders market advisor or directly providing commercial due diligence on buy-side/sell-side of transactions.
- Strategic advisory services and market entry strategies for OEMs, energy service providers and electricity traders.
Pöyry Management Consulting (USA) Inc.,
New York, 295 Madison Avenue,
Suite 705 , New York,
Did you know?
- Pöyry have been providing consulting services in North America for > 20 years and currently serve our clients through 150 staff across our New York Management Consulting office and engineering centres in Appleton, Wisconsin and Montreal, Canada.
- Pöyry advised Enel Group on their 2017 purchase of EnerNOC, one of the world’s leading providers of Energy Intelligence Software and the largest Demand Response providers in the US East Coast PJM Market.