The Swiss energy and infrastructure sectors are facing challenges arising from the energy transition – decarbonisation, decentralization and digitalization being the key drivers of change.
The energy transition is inevitable. The global nature of present day markets is instrumental in rapid diffusion of technological developments and repercussions of global market dynamics across the entire value-chain of local energy and infrastructure businesses. While the forces for change are global, consideration of local preferences and resources is vital for developing robust solutions and making sustainable decisions.
Headquartered in Zürich, Pöyry’s Swiss Management Consulting team assists local and international utilities, strategic and financial investors, and a variety of industry players and government agencies in understanding the local market dynamics and key global drivers that impact their business decisions.
Our local management consulting team covers a wide spectrum of services:
- Transaction services: For years the Swiss team has served as a trusted market, commercial, technical, and environmental advisor for strategic and financial investors in a wide range of medium- to large-scale infrastructure transactions all over Europe.
- Market analysis, modeling and benchmarking: Pöyry has developed an integrated energy market model, which is used to obtain insights on the present-day and future performance of all conventional power and renewable energy assets in many markets worldwide, including Europe, parts of South America, Asia Pacific, and the Middle East. In addition, we have developed rigorous industry benchmarks for a wide variety of assets and services; for instance, the Pöyry Hydro Benchmarking database has become an industry barometer for asset performance.
- Operational Excellence: Pöyry’s Management Consulting and Engineering experts have together improved the operational performance of a large number of generation (conventional and renewable) and district heating assets, often leading to two-digit bottom-line performance improvements.
- Strategy formulation and market entry: We have reviewed and helped shape individual business and corporate strategies, fostered innovation, and connected start-ups to the incumbents.
Our customers can rely on our expertise in a broad spectrum of sectors:
- Oil and gas midstream (including refineries, LNG, pipeline, oil / gas storage)
- Thermal generation, hydro, solar, wind, and electricity storage
- Transmission and distribution (electricity, gas, district heating, water)
- Energy trading, sales and services from wholesale to the decentralized energy systems
- Port and terminal operations (fuels, chemicals, metals, agricultural)
- Telecommunication and industrial cyber-security
- Transportation (rolling stock, roads, car parks), landscape and real estate planning
Pöyry Management Consulting (Schweiz) AG, Zurich
Herostrasse 12, P.O. Box
Phone: +41 44 288 90 90
Did you know?
- The Swiss Management Consulting team has, for instance, served as commercial and technical advisor for DIF and EDF Invest in acquisition of Thyssengas and as technical advisor for Cube Infrastructure Partners during the sale of Idex
- The Swiss Federal Office of Energy (SFOE) has chosen Pöyry Management Consulting as a trusted partner for evaluation of the performance of the Swiss hydro generation assets, and utilizes our electricity price projections for developing policies and strategies for Switzerland