We cover electricity – and increasingly, gas – markets and economics throughout Southeast and East Asia (excluding China), from our main offices in Bangkok and Manila.
We cover most major markets in the region, including Indonesia, Japan, Myanmar, Philippines, South Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, and Vietnam.
We’ve been in Asia since 2011. With our experience in the region and multi-disciplinary backgrounds, we’re uniquely positioned to help organizations answer key questions about power and gas markets in this rapidly evolving region:
- In a region so heavily dependent on government policies and regulation, where are the opportunities for incumbents and new market entrants?
- With rapid growth throughout the region, especially in Southeast Asia, how will the growth of renewables affect markets and opportunities for traditional power plant technologies such as coal and gas, as regulators strive to balance affordability, reliability, energy security considerations, and the environment?
- With various markets across the region in various stages of liberalization, who will be the winners and losers under future market structures?
Our team performs:
- Electricity market analysis and assessments
- Electricity market modelling (including wholesale price forecasting and plant dispatch forecasting)
- Gas market analysis and modelling
- Financial modelling of power plant projects
- Training on liberalized and non-liberalized markets
- Other ad hoc analysis
Pöyry Energy Ltd.
Vanit Building II, 22nd Floor
1126/1 Phetchaburi Rd, Rajchthewi
Tel. +66 (2) 657 1000
Mob. +66 (0) 614 163 763
Pöyry Energy, Inc.
8F Kings Court 1 Building
2129 Chino Roces Avenue
231 Makati City
Telephone: +63 2 811 2741
Mobile: +63 915 490 3523
Did you know?
- Our multidisciplinary team of energy experts holds advanced degrees in Business, Economics, Mathematics, Engineering, and Energy Technologies
- Our team has work experience at major power and gas utilities, electricity system operators, energy companies, and market advisory firms, both in the region and around the world
We have market models & reports available or in-development for 11 countries in Southeast and East Asia
Pöyry has completed over 50 market assessment or modeling projects in Asia in the past 4 years