Distribution networks are undergoing significant changes. Pöyry is at the heart of these developments and understands the commercial and technical realities needed to assist clients through this disruptive transformation.
Significant change in the distribution sector has been anticipated for some time. There is no doubt that the landscape has changed over the past decade, but are continued decarbonisation, decentralisation and the advent of ‘smart’ technologies about to drive major disruptive change for the DSOs? If so they’ll need visionary strategies and insightful leadership to attract the investment needed to thrive and grow.
Our team of experts have:
- deep expertise in electricity and gas networks being able to cover a broad spectrum of services from expert advice to transformational programs:
- a unique combination of technical understanding, commercial awareness and strategic thinking;
- an in-depth understanding of;
- economic regulation;
- regulatory price control reviews;
- investment decision-making; and
- business plan development.
strong capabilities to support network distribution companies and units to improve operational efficiency and to make best use of digital platforms (eg. mobile workforce management)
- the reputation of providing sound advice with a pragmatic approach.
"As a multi-utility infrastructure operator in the city of Dortmund, our strategy is to continuously enhance our skills for the management of smart grids. Therefore, it is necessary to outperform in operative excellence and implement state-of-the-art IT tools. Pöyry Management Consulting helped us, as a partner, with a highly participative and inspiring consulting approach to optimise our processes and enable employees' skills to successfully adapt to the digital future."
Peter Flosbach, Managing Director, Dortmunder Energie- und Wasserversorgung GmbH (DEW21)
Pöyry has access to the technological competence of approximately 4,500 engineering consultants