The city of Hanoi counts 5 million inhabitants of which 400,000 customers are supplied with water by the local water company. At an average water production of about 500,000 m3/day, the Non Revenue Water (NRW) percentage is around 40%.
Pöyry conducted a comprehensive feasibility study with the main objective of reducing NRW to a level of 20%.
The services provided by Pöyry included
- Assessment of NRW and action plan
- Improvement of water distribution network, hydraulic design and District Meter Areas's (DMA) creation
- Conception of the numerical model of water distribution system
- Design of network zoning and Restructuring, Basic Design and cost estimate
- Restructuration of mapping services
- Environmental Impact Assessment and Resettlement Action Plan
- Economic investment Plan
- Project implementation Plan
- Organization of leakages detection and repair campaign
- Redaction of PPP performance base contracts design and tender documents for NRW