Wind power is a fast growing sustainable way of producing electricity. Pöyry has been involved in wind power since 1992 and our services cover all phases of a wind power project.
- Consulting and advisory services
- Site identification and selection
- Environmental services and licensing
- Project development
- Engineering and procurement
- Construction management
- Project management
- Operation and maintenance
- Wind measurements
We consider each project and client unique to us and feel that it is our duty to execute all our projects with the best possible team and in an excellent manner. For each project we build a specialised team and utilize established calculation and design tools.
Pöyry's track record and multidisciplinary and experienced employees around the world enable us to provide the technical, economic and environmental services in order to guarantee comprehensive and cost-effective solutions.
Our services are in compliance with the best international practices and standards.
Consultancy and Advisory Services
Pöyry's consultancy and planning services provide solutions to all phases of the wind power value chain. It is our goal to assist our clients in building solid and sustainable strategies and success factors for the future.
Our wind power consultancy services are built on long and successful track record in international consulting and extensive technical know-how.
Our services cover:
- Strategy advisory services
- Market modelling
- Financing services
- Technical advisory services
- O&M consultancy
- Technical and commercial due diligences
Winning strategy, right kinds of partners and business models that truly address the challenges of the fast changing world today enable efficient decision making at the right time. Those factors we believe are the cornerstones of successful wind business today and in future.
Pöyry's project development services cover all phases of wind power project development. We execute projects from small one time assignments to turn-key project development and all the way to continuous project portfolio development services that are based on long-term partnerships rather than single assignments.
Our wind power project development services are built on long and successful international track record, extensive in-house technical and project management know-how. Our experts have state-of-the-art tools and software in use.
Our extensive pool of experts provides clients with an excellent base for project development services:
- Site identification services
- Wind measurement projects
- Mechanical turbine load measurements
- Power curve measurements
- Warranty inspections
- Wind resource assessments
- Wind farm layout design and optimisation
- Assessment of suitable turbine technology
- Assessment of environmental (EIA) and social (SIA) impacts
- Noise and shadow flicker modelling and measurements
- Visualization and 3D modelling
- Soil investigation and geotechnical engineering
- Foundation design and engineering
- Design of roads and technical areas
- Design of grid connection and internal grids
- Network design and calculation
- Cost estimation and cash flow analysis
- Technical specifications for turbines, electrical and civil components
- Tendering and procurement
- Contracting support
Our goal is to be the service provider that truly understands wind as a resource, knows the right solutions to assessment of environmental and social impacts, has in-depth knowledge of wind power technology and the experience and drive to find the best available economical solutions for our clients
Pöyry's project services cover construction phase of wind power projects. We execute projects from small one time assignments to
turn-key (EPC, EPCM) solutions. Our key strength is our strong and multidisciplinary project management skills and global office and partner network.
We provide project services to the owners, project developers, EPC contractors, turbine manufacturers, equipment suppliers and lenders.
Our project services as follows are always customised to meet the present needs of the client:
- Project management (PM)
- Lender's engineer (LE)
- Owner's engineer (OE)
- Supervision of turbine factory tests
- Construction management (CM),
- Project implementation as EPCM or EPC contractor