Pöyry’s cutting-edge measurement technology, calculation software and extensive process competence guarantee reliable results in power and boiler plant and process industry measurements and the associated expert services.
Typical measurements include the warranty and condition monitoring of steam boilers, flue gas treatment and steam and gas turbines, emission measurement for obligatory monitoring, plants’ preliminary and implementation planning measurements, fuel and process optimization measurements and plant measurement calibrations as well as wind power measurements.
Flue gas emissions
Our emission measurement service teams run an accredited testing laboratory (T062, accreditation requirement SFS-EN ISO/IEC 17025) accredited for flue and exhaust gas measurement by the Finnish Accreditation Service (FINAS). The accreditation covers the measurements of main emission components in accordance with the valid CEN and ISO standards.
Wind power measurements
Extensive and sufficiently long-term wind measurements start the development of wind power projects, and they are the only way to reliably determine the production potential. During operation, the production capacity of wind farms is determined through power curve measurements and other applicable technical surveys.
- Wind forecast measurements using masts and Sodar instruments
- Noise and vibration measurements and modelling
- Power curve measurements according to the standards IEC 61400-12-1, 61400-12-2 and 61400-26-2
- Warranty inspections and measurements
- Wind farm reference masts and measurement instruments
- Operation and maintenance consulting
- Special Arctic expertise
Noise measurements and modelling
- Comprehensive noise analysis of industrial plants (including noise source and emission measurement, for example)
- Noise warranty measurements of energy plants (according to standards ISO 3746 and DIN 45 635, for example)
- Environmental noise measurements (including ISO 1996-1 and ISO 1996-2)
- Wind power generation noise measurement (sound source and emission measurement, including IEC 61400-11)
We model the noise diffusion of industrial sound sources as a noise forecast on a 3D map. The forecast is used for plants’ environmental impact assessments, environmental permit applications and preliminary and implementation planning.
Warranty and condition monitoring measurements and process optimization
As an independent third party, we give a statement based on measurements on the fulfillment of the design and warranty values of, for example, steam boilers, turbines and flue gas treatment systems. Warranty measurements also serve as an excellent foundation for the plant’s operation, maintenance and performance development monitoring.
Steam turbine measurements and the associated overall analysis of the water/steam circuit and process is done to:
- Maximise the plant’s service life and efficiency
- Model the turbine process
- Calibrate the operating measurement instruments
- The factors listed above establish justifications for repair decisions and timing.
- Measurements of boiler and treatment equipment and analysis of results is done to:
- Determine the boiler’s efficiency
- Check the boiler balance calculations
- Evaluate the performance and chemical consumption of treatment equipment
- Determine the cost-effectiveness of fuel drying
- Evaluate the cost-effectiveness of heat recovery (heat recovery washers, district heating economisers)
- Determine the furnace temperature and flue gas residence time
The perception of the interdependencies of operation and infrastructure forms the basis of our solutions for an infrastructure which is adapted to economic efficiency and operational requirements. We particularly focus on the structural implementation under the 'rolling wheel'.
The objective of facility management is to keep facilities in an operationally safe condition taking operational quality and profitability into account. Our services in this field range from ascertaining the actual status (inspection) and damage surveys, and the planning and tendering of maintenance and sanitation measures through to the monitoring and final inspection of construction services. The services are rendered either individually or as a complete package.
In case of private railway operators we can offer the whole railway infrastructure management including the provision of a railway manager for the operation.
Our main services include:
- Operation and maintenance concepts, manuals and planning
- Operational recommendations concerning track planning and infrastructure
- Tendering and supervision of maintenance and repair
- Provision of the railway manager for private railways
- Cost and time management
- Coordination of safety and health protection
- Emergency management, organisation of winter service
- Setup and operation of information systems
- Maintenance-Control for all civil structures
- Infrastructure Management System (IMS) for economic analysis
- Trackwork Control for on-site track diagnosis